I'm not garbage! I'm cool garbage.
On A Distant Moon
You're a long way from home and you've run out of fuel. There's a research station on a nearby moon--perhaps you can find help there? Things couldn't possibly get worse!
Explore a strange lunar environment, solve puzzles, and fight off hostile lunar creatures in this modern indie title created in ZZT, Epic's classic ASCII game creation system.
- Classic non-linear ZZT gameplay, with a blend of action and puzzle-solving
- Quirky and touching original story
- Over six minutes of original PC speaker music and full-screen ASCII animation
The downloadable .zip includes the following:
- OnAMoon.zzt (the game itself)
- -.zzt; --.zzt; ---.zzt; ----.zzt (four "hype" files I created to generate interest)
- On_A_Distant_Moon.txt (contains information about the game and development)
- On_A_Distant_Moon.mp3; Play_With_Me.mp3; Lift_Off.mp3 (midi versions of the game music)
To play the .zzt files on your computer you will need ZZT and a copy of Zeta.
|Published||20 days ago|
|Release date||20 days ago|
|Tags||Action-Adventure, ascii, Pixel Art, Retro, Robots, Sci-fi, Space, Top-Down, zzt|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, Subtitles|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
wow this was really special. worth it just to dive in and explore. It will give you feelings
P L A Y W I T H M E
11/10 would play again
actually did play again because I wanted to see what happened when I did things a little differently